Was super conflicted on which comp to use. I went with this one because it had the most "attitude." However I'm not sure if it were still the best choice as an overall comp.
This one has one of the best poses you had. So yea good choice. Its just too bad we cant see much of the car. The compo is ok, but its so simple that its easy to do. For next time make sure you show more, to challenge yourself with the design and placement of the car. I used to suck at drawing anything that wasnt organic. Hard surface is a topic that obsesses me because of its difficulty. I need to get better at it because its damn hard. Learn to love the toughest jobs.
Thank you! And Yeah I'll admit I played it safe with the crop in. But part of it was because I felt the character would be too far back? I'm not super pleased with the outcome though... even though I did a lot sketching. I think it needed some more sorting out.
How did you tackle that obstacle? Because I feel you on that... Organic vs Mechanical/Hard service... It ends up of two ways, either too mathematical it awkward looking or just like... a big o'le pile of poo. ESPECIALLY when linearting. Because everything else can come out so concise and clean... but then you get to the car and it just goes limp and sad.
Also, I know posted my WIP a bit too late to get much feedback. But do you think when you have the time you could do a small paint over to show a bit more of your thoughts? : )
This one has one of the best poses you had. So yea good choice. Its just too bad we cant see much of the car.
ReplyDeleteThe compo is ok, but its so simple that its easy to do. For next time make sure you show more, to challenge yourself with the design and placement of the car. I used to suck at drawing anything that wasnt organic. Hard surface is a topic that obsesses me because of its difficulty. I need to get better at it because its damn hard. Learn to love the toughest jobs.
Thank you! And Yeah I'll admit I played it safe with the crop in. But part of it was because I felt the character would be too far back? I'm not super pleased with the outcome though... even though I did a lot sketching. I think it needed some more sorting out.
ReplyDeleteHow did you tackle that obstacle? Because I feel you on that... Organic vs Mechanical/Hard service... It ends up of two ways, either too mathematical it awkward looking or just like... a big o'le pile of poo. ESPECIALLY when linearting. Because everything else can come out so concise and clean... but then you get to the car and it just goes limp and sad.
Also, I know posted my WIP a bit too late to get much feedback. But do you think when you have the time you could do a small paint over to show a bit more of your thoughts? : )
ReplyDelete